Founded in 1720, and celebrating the holiday of this church intercessor on 6 October.
When people of Zakrit noticed that they need a large church gathering them other than the monastery church, they built the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, which was called Our Lady’s Church, at the top of a hill overlooking the Monastery of Saint John and the Monastery of Saint Abda Al Moushammar, in year 1718, which is the date approved by the list of names of the priests who formed a succession to the service of the parish.
This church passed through three phases of renovation and restoration.
The report book of examination of the parish in 05/31/1906:
In the forties the church was unusable; the rain enters it from the ceiling. It includes an image of textile representing the Virgin carrying her son, which is torn, behind the great altar, on the ground of the church, the tomb of the high priest. And to the sides of the altar there are 3 skulls, which the Archbishop Francis Ayoub ordered to enter them in the mentioned tomb. And in front of the altar in the choir there is a stone craved with the indication that the tomb belongs to one of the parishioners called Saleh bin Youssef Saleh dated in 1735. And on the wall to the right side of the altar there’s a stone craved with: “in this tomb lays Youssef Bin Saleh Bin Yammine, may God rest his soul, Amen, in 1727”. And above the door of the church there is an inscription: “This place was created under the name of Our Lady Mary, people of Zakrit year 1742”. However, it is most likely being built in 1720, then something has been modified in construction in 1742, and near the church entrance there’s a stone slab for Jacob Dahan tomb dated December 28, 1799.
According to the parishioner, the Church of the Rosary has been neglected for decades, and then the brothers Edward and Albert Yammine realized the importance of the interior restoration of the church, so they put the altar in the middle of the choir, after the demolition of the old altar, which was adjacent to the wall year 1918, and Ms. Chafika Tannous Yammine painted in 1984 the image of Our Lady of the Rosary, still remaining above the altar, because the church was without the picture of Our lady of the Rosary. Since the eighties of the twentieth century, parishioners began prayers and Masses on Saturdays, at five o’clock in the winter, and at six o’clock in the evening in the summer. And celebrating the holiday of Our Lady of the Rosary on the first Sunday of October, which is the Great Rosary Sunday.