History of the municipality:
The first municipality was founded in Zakrit year 1998, under the chairmanship of Mr. Michel Yammine. The second municipal council was elected in 2004, under the chairmanship of Mr. Youssef Hayek. And the third municipal council was elected in 2010, under the chairmanship of Interior Architect Adib Morcos.
The names of the current municipal council:
– Mr. Adib Youssef Morcos (President)
– Mr. Abdo Youssef Ghoussoub (Vice President)
– Ms. Clemens Morcos
– ِMr. Roland Yammine
– Mr. Elias Morcos
– Lawyer Mr. Elias Michel Yammine
– Mr. Kamal Toufic Yammine
– Mr. André Ghantous
– Mr. Yammine Yammine
Current Zakrit Mayor:
Henry Gergi Yammine
Phone: 70 502504
Projects of the municipality:
– The establishment of a committee by the municipality for the purchase of electric generators and the establishment of the town’s electricity network which would reduce the cost of participation in the generator.
– A project to supply water pumping station in Zakrit in power supply continuously 24/7.
Work began on the supply of medium power line from the town of Cornet El Hamra where the”pumping director” passes from the main Jeita station which feeds only the water pumping station, to a water pumping station in the town of Zakrit where all the mentioned water-pumping stations become nourished 24/7.
– Assign a committee to prepare statistics on existing buildings and the number of its inhabitants.
– Start the establishment of the decorative walls on public roads.
– Start studies for the establishment of a sewerage network for the town.
The municipality is also supporting social, cultural, sports and pastoral projects.